Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mad Hatter (In Progress)



This is the work in progress for a character design I'm working on as part of the a production for one of my classes at the Art Institute. :3 I dunno, he's kinda like a j-rock/mad hatter hybrid of sorts.

The lineart took 2 days. The coloring will probably take longer.

Its inspired by a song by one of my favorite j-rock bands, BUCK-TICK. The title of the song is in the picture. Hence the character. The character himself is supposed to be based off the lead vocalist of said band, Atsushi Sakurai <3. He's perdy, indeed. :B Atsushi-sama did dress up as the mad hatter for the music video of the song.

Feel free to leave feedback/suggestions. :3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, your lineart never ceases to amaze me... All of your works are wonderful, and I've been stalking you since before you left dA. :3

I really like where this particular picture is going, and I can't wait to see the full color version.^^ Maybe if I drew as much as I write I'd be as good as you are, but as of now... That'd be a no. XD And I love the picture's title.